Monday, May 23, 2011

Modest Re-Launch of the Flying Matatu

After a three-year hiatus in the United States, I'm teeming with anticipation, trepidation, and needlessly flowery articulation as I prep for a return to the Other Side of Africa: Mombasa. My multi-day flight itinerary is set to begin tomorrow morning.

I am taking a summer swahili class through a Yale abroad program and summer FLAS scholarship. I don't think it will be like the Mombasa scene in 'Inception.' Although my time/space perception will probably again get shifted a little bit. Jet lag and laid-back Swahili Muslim vibes do that to a mzungu. I figure the transition will instead resemble more of an "Eat, Pray, Love" delusion, but with academics and poor folks involved.

Hard to say at this point how often I'll write here. Or what I'll write about. Please don't hesitate to offer questions, prompts, or disses in the comments section. Also got dat email: leifjacksonbullock@gmail.com.

Peace yall

No comments: